Website Bain Capital
Asset Manager | Private Equity
Bain Capital Overview
Bain Capital, LP is one of the world’s leading private multi-asset alternative investment firms with over $160 billion of assets under management that creates lasting impact for our investors, teams, businesses, and communities in which we live. Since our founding in 1984, we have applied our insight and experience to organically expand into several asset classes including private equity, credit, public equity, venture capital and real estate. We leverage our shared platform to capture cross-asset class opportunities in strategic areas of focus. With offices on four continents, our global team aligns our interests with those of our investors for lasting impact.This position will be on the ESG team, reporting to the Global Head of ESG, and specializing in impact, impact measurement and reporting across the Bain Capital Private portfolios.
This position will play an active role in ESG and driving sustainable impact across Bain Capital platform. The role is a unique opportunity to work collaboratively as part of the ESG team with investment teams across our business units and across shared services functions.
ESG and Impact Strategy/ Policy
- Develop and improve internal processes and reporting to maximize ESG and impact rigor and performance
- Contribute to innovations and tool development to drive impact (e.g., expanding our ESG and Impact Toolkit)
- Research select ESG topics which are priorities for the Firm and business units
- Contribute to continued evolution of ESG approach including targets and reporting methodology
- Manage ESG measurement and tracking, including data collection of KPI metrics and process and improvement initiatives
Best Practice Sharing
- Engage with the broader impact community to build partnerships and share best practices, including attending conferences
- Share ESG ideas and resources from across Bain Capital and IP on key sustainability topics
- Serve as resource to internal teams and portfolio companies as needed to execute, accelerate, and augment ESG and impact initiatives
- Leading quantitative and qualitative content development for ESG reporting
- Assist in developing the Firm’s communications around ESG, sustainability and impact
- Manage KPI metrics and process and improvement initiatives across portfolio companies, along with the business unit investment team
This person will be based in Boston. Individual will collaborate daily with the investment teams across business units, external partners and other members of the Bain Capital platform.We expect this team member to be a mission-driven individual with experience in project management, familiarity with impact and ESG frameworks, and a passion for driving change in companies.The person will be involved in our internal and external impact reporting as well as developing the Bain Capital ESG/DI brand (including in public settings) to help us continuously improve and advance the field of Impact investing.Detail-orientation and strong written and verbal communication skills are therefore important requirements.
- Strong candidates should possess at least 6-10 years of total full-time work experience.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in management consulting strongly preferred; impact investing or impact advisory firms is viewed highly favorably.
- Passion for and experience in developing Impact strategies or Impact/ESG process design, evaluation and/or management
- Excellent professional and academic track record
- Ability to operate with limited supervision
- Highly organized and results-oriented working style
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Dedicated team player with a strong sense of ownership
- Bachelor’s Degree + MBA or equivalent degree
- 6-10 years post undergraduate experience; consulting, financial services, sustainability and ESG is a plus
- Superior written, project and aural communication skills
- Ability to interface successfully and collaboratively with numerous internal stakeholders
- Experience working with senior management
Effective November 1, 2021, all new U.S. hires must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (e.g. 14 days past their final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine and if eligible, have received their COVID-19 booster) or have received a religious or medical exemption from Bain Capital’s Human Resources team.