Website Bain Capital
Bain Capital Overview
Bain Capital, LP is one of the world’s leading private multi-asset alternative investment firms with approximately $160 billion of assets under management that creates lasting impact for our investors, teams, businesses, and the communities in which we live. Since our founding in 1984, we’ve applied our insight and experience to organically expand into several asset classes including private equity, credit, public equity, venture capital and real estate. We leverage our shared platform to capture cross-asset class opportunities in strategic areas of focus. With offices on four continents, our global team aligns our interests with those of our investors for lasting impact.
Bain Capital Credit Overview
Bain Capital Credit, an independently-managed affiliate of Bain Capital, is a leading global credit specialist with approximately $57 billion in assets under management. We invest across the full spectrum of credit strategies, including leveraged loans, high-yield bonds, distressed debt, direct lending, structured products, non-performing loans, and equities. Through our numerous funds, we have the ability to invest in every level of a company’s capital structure from secured debt to equity, and we can also provide capital to growing companies with unique financing needs.
Our investment process is characterized by detailed business and financial analysis and a culture of vigorous debate. We combine a consulting-based approach to industry, competitor, and business analysis with an in-depth examination of a target company’s financial performance and capital structure. Our goal is to select the best industries, the best companies, and the best relative value among the many securities each company offers.
Bain Capital Credit has a world-class team of over 180 investment professionals with extensive experience analyzing and managing high-yield investments.
This position is a unique opportunity to work collaboratively with a small ESG team and Bain Capital’s Credit team, and play an active role in driving ESG engagement, communications and reporting for Bain Capital Credit. The ESG Credit Associate will help formalize and operationalize engagement and reporting for Bain Capital and contribute to ESG research and special projects as detailed below.
The role will be based in Boston, MA and report to Tricia Winton, the Global Head of ESG for Bain Capital. The individual will work closely with the ESG team’s Senior Associate of Credit and investment teams, research teams and investor relations colleagues.
- Partner with Credit and ESG teams to enhance ESG engagement strategy and approach
- Develop communications collateral and tracking mechanisms for all stages of the ESG integration and engagement throughout the investment process (including fielding annual questionnaires, working with portfolio companies on ESG metric tracking, engaging on priority areas and systematizing data management and tracking)
- Develop reporting of ESG metrics for multiple internal audiences and LP updates
ESG Reporting and IR:
- Work closely with a wide variety of internal stakeholders spanning Credit strategies and geographies, including investment teams, research teams and investor relations
- Engage internal and external stakeholders on ESG initiatives
- Develop engaging content focused on ESG integration and engagement in Credit
- Develop communications collateral and reporting including response to LP requests, meeting materials for investor discussions, and reporting to external frameworks
- Support enhancements of future reporting requirements
- Contribute thought leadership to ESG engagement, reporting and overall ESG processes
- Support tracking regulatory trends and reporting requirements
- Contribute to industry ESG forums and collaborations
- Research select ESG topics which are priorities for the Firm and Credit
- Self-starter with strong project management and follow-through skills;
- Excellent research, analytical, written and core communications abilities, the strongest of which is writing;
- Strong team player with an entrepreneurial predisposition and strong interpersonal skills necessary to interact with personnel across senior levels of the Firm;
- Detail-oriented, conscientious and energetic professional with ability to think creatively and independently;
- An innate sense of curiosity that enhances the telling of Bain Capital’s story
- Can-do attitude; willingness to take on any task, big or small;
- Outstanding Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree; strong academic credentials
- 1- 3 years post undergraduate experience; financial services, sustainability and ESG is a plus
- Experience with knowledge management
- Superior written, project and aural communication skills.
- Ability to interface successfully and collaboratively with numerous internal stakeholders
- Experience working with senior management
Effective November 1, 2021, all new U.S. hires must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (e.g. 14 days past their final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine and if eligible, have received their COVID-19 booster) or have received a religious or medical exemption from Bain Capital’s Human Resources team.