Website AXA Investment Managers
Insurer | Asset Manager
Job Title: Investment Manager, Natural Capital
Work Location: 22 Bishopsgate, London (Hybrid)
Contract Type: Permanent
At AXA IM our purpose, to act for human progress by investing for what matters, is central to every action we take as a business. As a responsible asset manager, we actively invest for the long-term to help our clients, our people and the world to prosper.
As a future Investment Manager for Natural Capital, you will report to our Natural Capital Lead and you will be part of AXA IM Impact Investing team.
DISCOVER your opportunity
Working as an Investment Manager for Natural Capital, you would be responsible for sourcing, assessing, underwriting and managing Natural Capital deals across direct equity and carbon project financing in support of AXA’s EUR500m commitment to Natural Capital, leveraging access to strategic equity partners, transaction modelling, execution and monitoring, building relationships with the carbon market participants such as project developers and co-investors to access deal flow and establish an investment universe.
Your role and responsibilities will include:
- Source and execute deals across Natural Capital platform
- Investment analysis and financial modelling per company / project
- Present investment opportunities to investment committees and clients
- Work with existing strategic equity partners, and establish new ones, to create access to projects
- Build relationships with carbon market participants from project developers to co-investors, DFIs, NGOs and regulatory bodies to access deal flow and establish an investment universe
- Screen and rank the pipeline to prioritise opportunities
Impact Investing Team
- Support the team in sourcing, meeting management, database maintenance, analysis and investment recommendations
- Monitor and report on the financial and impact performance and risk profile of existing portfolio investments
External Stakeholder Management
- Interface with third party service providers relating to due diligence and deal execution
Internal Stakeholder Management
- Liaise with all internal stakeholders including risk, compliance, legal, operations, audit and build effective working relationships and processes to ensure efficient execution
- Participate in co-ordinating projects in the impact investing team including new product development; process improvement; system implementation
- Extract impact data from transactions and build a methodology to report
SHARE your unique expertise
We welcome different combinations of skills & experiences:
- Experience investing across an array of private market assets
- Track record of assessing private equity and forestry, agriculture and carbon project financing deals from sourcing and structuring through to execution
- Experience at building sophisticated financial models and valuation techniques
- Previous exposure to, and a strong interest in, the Natural Capital sector
- Emerging market experience
- Ability to bring new ideas to the investment process
- Entrepreneurial attitude and highly motivated individual
- Ability to work well alongside team members in a fast-paced team environment, including with colleagues and counterparties based in different regional offices
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills supporting robust written and oral presentations
- Self-starter with the ability to work to deadlines and manage multiple projects effectively
- Highly numerical and analytical
- Willingness to travel internationally to remote rural locations (with a focus on Africa, Latin America and SE Asia).
- Proven experience in international private equity / project finance and relevant University degree
We would love to know more about you. Let’s connect! Send us your resume.
About the Entity
At AXA IM we are investing with a clear purpose – to make the world a better place. We act for human progress by investing for what matters. Our conviction-led approach enables us to uncover what we believe to be the best global investment opportunities across alternative and core asset classes. We are already entrusted by our clients with more than €887 billion in assets.
AXA Investment Managers | Home | AXA IM Corporate (axa-im.com)
AXA IM is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage candidates with disabilities or any other protected characteristic to apply. We will make reasonable accommodation to enable them to perform the essential function of the job.
Inclusion and Diversity | Careers | AXA IM Corporate (axa-im.com)
What We Offer
We are committed to offer you an environment where you can:
- Work for a company which is highly committed to providing flexibility & balance to its employees, offering you a large range of benefits (profit-sharing, hybrid working, competitive health benefits, among many others.).
- Join a global leader with an international presence, a wide range of professions and innovative projects.
- Be part of a forward-thinking business with internal opportunities and personalized learning paths available to help constantly develop your skills and abilities.
- Join a responsible employer that acts in favor of societal and environmental causes as an investor, insurer and company, notably through the AXA Heart in Action association. As part of our commitment to sustainability and environmental responsibility, we will celebrate your arrival by planting a tree.
- Play a role within a responsible company that actively recognizes and values individual differences in a diverse and inclusive workforce.