Website AXA Investment Managers
Insurer | Asset Manager
At AXA IM, we act for human progress by investing for what matters, actively and responsibly. Join us and you’ll build a career in a truly diverse, entrepreneurial organization. You’ll be part of a mission to tackle some of the world’s most stimulating challenges, pushing boundaries and exploring fresh ideas that aim to deliver long-term prosperity.
- AXA IM Alts AXA IM Alts is a global leader in alternative investments with over €185 billion of assets under management comprising c.€91 billion of primarily private real estate, over €85 billion of private debt and alternative credit, as well as c.€9 billion in Infrastructure and private equity.
We take a 360° approach to real estate & infrastructure investing with over €132 billion of assets under management in direct opportunities, held indirectly through debt and listed equities and via long term private equity investments into operating platforms. ESG is fully integrated into our investment decision making processes with our responsible investment approach anchored by the three key pillars of decarbonisation, resilience and building tomorrow.
AXA IM Alts employs over 830 people located in 17 offices around the world and serves the needs of more than 600 clients from Europe, North America, Asia Pacific and Middle East. We are the number one property portfolio and asset manager in Europe, and one of the largest worldwide.
We pride ourselves on fostering a culture of high performance, which means we seek to recruit and retain people who are not only technically qualified, but also open to the world, innovative and able to harness their unique perspectives and life experiences to support our success as a business.
- Description of the department As one of the world’s largest real assets managers, we believe that the decisions we make when investing can do much more than generate financial returns. We can contribute to a sustainable future by minimising the environmental impact of our assets, protecting them against the effects of climate change and working collaboratively to unleash the transformative potential of our ingenuity.
Our responsible investment strategy is built on three key pillars: Decarbonisation, Resilience, and Building Tomorrow. The built environment contributes significantly to the world’s annual carbon emissions, giving us the opportunity to make an important contribution to decarbonisation. We are actively investing towards a low carbon future, be it through the creation of infrastructure for renewable energy, developing best-in-class real estate, or regenerating and transforming
existing building stock worthy of a place in the low carbon future.
AXA IM Alts global Responsible Investment team is in charge of supporting the integration of the Responsible Investment (RI) strategy in all our activities. It is composed of experienced, multicultural, multi disciplinary and passionate individuals, based in London, Paris, Bruxelles and Frankfurt. It relies on a network of local ESG leads in its key regions to provide insight and guidance to asset management teams in delivering on internal KPIs and ESG related targets set out by the business.
- The main responsibilities of the role
The global Responsible Investment team is looking for an intern to support the implementation and oversight of the real asset portfolio approach to responsible investment.
The future intern will contribute to the team, focusing on three key projects:
ESG integration across real asset investments:
The intern will contribute to supporting the real estate, infrastructure equity and debt teams in embedding and strengthening ESG factors integration in their investment and management processes. He or she will participate in developping frameworks, tools, solutions and standard documentation to help with portfolio ESG risk analysis & management, ESG performance assessment and benchmarking , impact assessment, as well as setting-up and carrying out engagement activities whenever relevant.
Climate strategy and decarbonization targets monitoring:
The intern will be in charge of performing research and analysis to contribute to enhancing real asset investments’ climate strategy, to address physical and transition risk.
He or she will also support rolling out the decarbonization strategy for real estate equity, Commercial Real Estate debt, infrastructure equity and debt asset classes, based on carbon accounting & disclosure guidelines as well as science based frameworks such as the GHG Protocol, PCAF guidelinesSBTI recommendation and CRREM pathways…). He or she will carry out carbon research and benchmarking , interact with carbon data providers and consultants to support the implementation of carbon reduction strategies , progress monitoring tools and reports..
The intern will support our GRESB reporting preparation and onboarding for infrastructure investments. In coordination with external consultants , He or she will contribute to collecting the data, compiling answers and evidence required to complete GRESB infrastructure reporting.
The intern might also be involved in the sustainability day to day tasks, such as:
- Market research and ad-hoc research in ESG related topics such as carbon, biodiversity preservation , natural capital, green energy, engagement and real asset solutions.
- Market watch, peer reviews and regulatory monitoring (EU taxonomy, TNFD, SFDR…) and gap/ impact analysis.
- Investment teams, sales group and fund management’s support in producing investor’s ESG due diligence questionnaires and reportings.
- Research and assistance in developing throught leadership topics.
SHARE your unique expertise
- Postgraduate studies in Sustainability, Finance, Management, Engineering
- A focus on real assets ( Real Estate or Infrastructure investing) is favourable
- Previous experience in responsible investment or real assets and a desire to pursue a career in sustainable investing are a strong plus
- Accomplished interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and efficiently in a team within an international and fast moving environment
- Autonomous, initiative, entrepreneurial and result driven culture
- Strong analytical and synthesis capacity
- Verbal and written communications and presentation skills
- Creative thinking, capability to develop innovative solutions and challenge consensus.
- Strong written and oral skills in English
- Any other European language is considered a plus
- Superior skill set in the use of the following software applications: Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- What do we offer
- This internship is an excellent opportunity to discover an international working environment. Due to our leading position on the market you can gain a strong exposure to a variety of complex issues of a European real asset manager as well as get exposure to non EU regions such as Australia, Japan and the US.
- You will be fully integrated in our team, having the opportunity to work together and discover other departments such as Portfolio and Fund Management, Transactions, Development and Asset Controlling
- You will join a growing platform which will allow you to take-over real responsibilities rapidly
- Opportunity to be hired on a full-time basis after the internship
Please join us to realize your potential to drive progress, for yourself, our clients and the world in which we live.
Would you like to wake up every day driven and inspired by our noble mission and to work together as one global team to empower people to live a better life? Here at AXA we strive to lead the transformation of our industry. We are looking for talented individuals who come from varied backgrounds, think differently and want to be part of this exciting transformation by challenging the status quo so we can push AXA – a leading global brand and one of the most innovative companies in our industry – onto even greater things. In a fast-evolving world and with a presence in 64 countries, our 166,000 employees and exclusive distributors anticipate change to offer services and solutions tailored to the current and future needs of our 103 million customers.
About The Entity
At AXA IM we are investing with a clear purpose – to make the world a better place. We act for human progress by investing for what matters. Our conviction-led approach enables us to uncover what we believe to be the best global investment opportunities across alternative and core asset classes. We are already entrusted by our clients with more than €887 billion in assets.
AXA Investment Managers | Home | AXA IM Corporate (axa-im.com)
AXA IM is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage candidates with disabilities or any other protected characteristic to apply. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants and employees with disabilities, when needed, to apply for a position or to perform essential job functions.
Inclusion and Diversity | Careers | AXA IM Corporate (axa-im.com)
What We Offer
We are committed to offer you an environment where you can:
- Grow your potential: be part of a forward-thinking business with internal opportunities and personalized learning paths available to help constantly develop your skills and abilities.
- Shape the way you work: work for a company which is highly committed to providing flexibility & balance to its employees, offering you a large range of benefits (hybrid working, competitive health benefits, among many others.).
- Thrive within a diverse community: play a role within a responsible company that actively recognizes and values individual differences in a diverse and inclusive workforce.
- Move the world forward: join a responsible employer that acts in favor of societal and environmental causes as an investor, insurer and company, notably through the AXA Heart in Action association. As part of our commitment to sustainability and environmental responsibility, we will celebrate your arrival by planting a tree.