Website GIC (Government of Singapore Investment Corporation)
Assistant Vice President/Vice President, Equities Chief Investment Officers Office, Climate Change Analyst
Public Equity (EQ)
The Public Equity (EQ) department pursues active management strategies in equity investing. We invest globally and are typically organised along product groups specialising in different geographies. The Equities Chief Investment Officers Office is establishing a Climate Change Opportunity Portfolio (CCOP) and is seeking a climate change specialist to join in London. This is an exciting opportunity to join a team of highly experienced investment professionals researching themes and ideas to help scale up the CCOP as well as to find climate change related investments for our existing portfolios.
- Research: Working as part of a team to research climate change mitigation, transition and adaptation themes (short, medium and long term), particularly as they relate to the industrial, transportation, energy, renewables, agriculture and technology sectors.
- Investment Ideas: Leverage off the thematic research to find new investment ideas and either assume primary coverage of these stocks and/or work with our global and regional equity teams to generate ideas based on these themes from their existing stock coverage.
- Investment Impact: The recommended stocks should positively impact GIC’s portfolios through investment in the CCOP, the Sustainability Investment Fund and other regional and global portfolios.
- Internal Climate Change Experts: Monitor developments in climate change issues, international compliance and country specific regulator developments, in particular how they will affect the researched themes and companies exposed to these themes.
- Franchise: Help build the Climate Change franchise at GIC by developing relationships with colleagues involved in climate change related investment across the organization and within the wider investment community, corporations, regulatory bodies and other relevant organizations.
- Engagement: Work with the Active Engagement team to drive the direction of our ESG engagement, in particular to formulate thematic sleeves for the engagement of corporates.
- 5-10 years of experience in at least one of the key climate change focus areas
- A keen interest in climate change
- Prior experience could be in consulting, academia, industry, private or public equity
- Capacity and willingness to develop the requisite financial skills needed to eventually assume primary coverage of investment ideas if not currently in a position to do so
- A clear and communication style
- Willingness to invest in relationship building across the organization and with external stakeholders
- A strong sense of intellectual curiosity and growth mindset
- Portfolio management experience would be an added bonus but not essential
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion is an expression of our corporate values of Prudence, Respect, Integrity, Merit & Excellence (PRIME). The way we work is founded deeply on respect for one another and a clear sense of purpose. By making inclusion explicit, we want our global organization and our international community to know that we can bring diversity of talent and thoughts – our whole selves – to GIC, as we all strive to invest well for Singapore. We believe an inclusive environment yields exceptional contribution. When diverse teams feel included, we build shared belonging: to one another and to GIC.
All applicants who qualify for the role will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, socio economic background or disabilities. GIC (Europe) is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org at any point of the application or interview process if adjustments need to be made due to a disability.
Our PRIME Values
GIC is a values driven organization. GIC’s PRIME Values act as our compass, enabling us to fulfil our fundamental purpose and objectives. It is the foundational bedrock which governs our behaviors, our decision making, and our focus. It informs both our long-term strategy as a firm, and the way we relate to our Client, business partners and employees. PRIME stands for Prudence, Respect, Integrity, Merit and Excellence.