Job Requisition ID #
Reporting to the Director of Climate Innovation & Investment, the MBA Intern will support all elements of Autodesk’s strategic investment process in early-stage startups – spanning thesis development, opportunity sourcing, due diligence, deal execution and portfolio management. In addition to core deal work, you’ll gain exposure to Autodesk’s broader innovation efforts in artificial intelligence and catalytic capital to decarbonize construction, manufacturing, and other hard-to-abate industries that we serve.
- Support global deal sourcing efforts and initial company screenings
- Perform detailed technological, financial and market due diligence of potential investments, including management, product, market analysis, impact forecasting, and financial analysis
- Refine investment operations through deepening co-investor networks of like-minded venture funds, accelerators, and corporates
- Conduct sector and industry analyses to sharpen and define entirely new investment focus areas—with a particular focus on the built environment and manufacturing
- Partner across business units—including product, Autodesk Platform Services, Industry Strategy and Autodesk Research—to identify high-value strategic opportunities for corporate engagements with the existing climate ventures portfolio
- Analyze and distill industry insights from the portfolio for key internal and external audiences, including Autodesk executives
- Currently pursuing an MBA degree or advanced degree with a focus on entrepreneurship and finance
- 3+ years of work experience that translates into understanding the technology innovation landscape, with an emphasis on climate change mitigation and adaptation
- Familiarity with Autodesk industries of architecture, engineering, construction, product design and manufacturing
- Experience distilling complex solutions and market opportunities into actions that yield results
About The US Intern Program
The 2024 U.S. program runs for 12 weeks (May 20 – August 9 or June 17 – September 6). All internships are paid. As an intern, you will contribute to meaningful projects, be mentored by industry leaders, and participate in tech talks and other activities designed to support your personal and professional development. Our internships align with Autodesk’s Flexible Workplace approach, which is designed to meet the needs of our business while providing support of office, remote and hybrid work preferences.
Welcome to Autodesk! Amazing things are created every day with our software – from the greenest buildings and cleanest cars to the smartest factories and biggest hit movies. We help innovators turn their ideas into reality, transforming not only how things are made, but what can be made.
We take great pride in our culture here at Autodesk – our Culture Code is at the core of everything we do. Our values and ways of working help our people thrive and realize their potential, which leads to even better outcomes for our customers.
When you’re an Autodesker, you can be your whole, authentic self and do meaningful work that helps build a better future for all. Ready to shape the world and your future? Join us!
Salary is one part of Autodesk’s competitive compensation package. Offers are based on the candidate’s experience, educational level, and geographic location, and can exceed this range.
For U.S.-based roles, we expect a starting annualized intern base salary to be between:
- $47,840 and $95,680 (undergraduate students)
- $72,800 and $118,500 (Masters/MBA students)
- $118,560 and $162,240 (PhD students)
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Diversity & Belonging
We take pride in cultivating a culture of belonging and an equitable workplace where everyone can thrive. Learn more here: https://www.autodesk.com/company/diversity-and-belonging