Head of ESG & Stewardship, Europe
- We make a difference, delivering outcomes for our millions of members
- Join our European Investment Leadership Team, taking on a brand-new seat
- Set up and build our ESG team in London, working across European Investments
AustralianSuper is the largest pension fund in Australia – in the top 20 largest pension funds globally and in the top 50 asset owners globally.
With more than £160bn in assets under management, and a world-class investment team, AustralianSuper has the appetite and capability to directly invest in large-scale opportunities.
At AustralianSuper, we truly care about our colleagues. We know work and life are intertwined. That’s why we support the diverse needs of everyone and have policies that enable us all to thrive and be truly flexible. We ensure diversity is celebrated for the opportunity it provides us all to learn and grow, and ultimately to deliver better outcomes for members.
Your new role;
Supporting the growth of AustralianSuper, we have created a new seat for a Head of ESG, Europe, in our London office.
Reporting to both our Head of Investments, International, here in London and our Head of ESG and Stewardship, in Melbourne, you will be responsible for the management and oversight of the UK/European ESG & Stewardship function, including some implementation while the London based ESG & Stewardship team builds out.
As a Senior Leader within the office and the department, this Head of will work across investments and strategy, providing both people and practical leadership;
- Oversee and lead the development and implementation of ESG due diligence frameworks across the investment space
- Work closely with senior stakeholders and investment committees, imputing ESG programs
- Be the SME for ESG best practises, contributing to existing and developing ESG policies
- Work closely with the team globally, assisting and supporting ESG strategies
- Contribute and support the leadership team locally as the London team and international offices continue to expand
- Lead ESG & Stewardship forums, both internally and externally for the Fund in Europe
- Build a collaborative team to support ESG capabilities
This role is based on site at London King’s Cross Estate, one of the core assets of the Fund’s global portfolio.
What you’ll need
Culture is key at AustralianSuper, and we are looking for someone who is a team player that enjoys working in a high performing collaborative team.
- A successful & proven track record within the European ESG and Stewardship space
- Significant experience working within private market investments
- Excellent leadership and managerial skills, with record of managing managers with teams for several years
- Genuine passion for all ESG related issues
- Strong ESG networks, and desire to build those further as the Fund grows
- Excellent communication and reporting skills
- Desire to be part of growing office, where culture, as well as adapting to change is key.
Life at AustralianSuper
Our London and New York offices are made up of 80 talented colleagues and is expected to grow four-fold over the next three years meaning when you join you become a key part of building our culture.
As we collaborate with colleagues across multiple time zones flexibility in work hours are both a requirement and opportunity for this role.
We offer great benefits including generous leave type, leading pension contributions, health insurance and promote a blended working environment in which all roles can flex, and we’re happy to discuss what this looks like for you.
We are committed to supporting our diverse workforce in a way that is inclusive and embraces diversity in all its forms. If you require any reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process or the role, please let our recruitment team know.
Apply now, if you share our values of Energy, Integrity, Generosity of Spirit and Excellent Outcomes and would like the opportunity to work in a challenging, growing and rapidly evolving team to deliver outstanding results.
Progress, powered by purpose