About This Role
About BlackRock And EII
BlackRock’s ETFs and Index Investments Team (EII) manages over $3.2 trillion across global developed markets, emerging markets, commodities and real estate investment trusts as Exchange Traded Funds. We lead ETF industry with innovation and expertise for more than two decades and offer all investors, transparent and cost-efficient access to a broad range of asset classes and markets. In APAC, we currently offer ETFs in Australia, Hong Kong, Japan and Singapore, for the local investor base as well as global investors, who want to trade in Asian time-zone.
Role Description And Responsibilities
The APAC EII Product Team manage and monitor the iShares ETF investment vehicles for our clients. The team also drives our strategic product initiatives across asset classes and the adoption of iShares index solutions by our clients, by engaging with internal and external partners in the region as well as globally.
We are seeking a high-energy, self-motivated Associate / Vice President with sustainability acumen and analytical expertise to join the team, reporting into the APAC head of Sustainable for the ETF and Index Investment business, and based in Singapore.
Your Role And Impact
This person will serve as a sustainable indexing expert and contribute to several workstreams including growing the adoption of sustainable ETFs/IMFs and mandates by APAC clients, providing product expertise, driving education and local thought leadership, and assisting in local product innovation. This role will partner directly with Sales and across Marketing, BlackRock Sustainable Investing (BSI), the firm’s sustainable investment strategies platform, and the overall EII business.
The successful candidate is to have demonstrated investment product experience within the Sustainable Investing space. From the Sustainable standpoint this would include having a broad sustainable product knowledge with proven experience in ESG research and being able to serve as a technical expert on the global iShares ESG ETFs product suite. The ability to partner with teams across functions and aptitude to navigate the product set will be crucial to successfully engage with our clients.
The candidate’s profile will require a combination of client facing skills, quantitative skills, ESG research expertise, writing skills strategic thinking, organizational agility and practical investment experience to ensure the effective partnership with clients and collaboration with generalist sales teams to win new business and/or deepen large existing relationships to grow the adoption of Sustainable ETFs in the APAC region.
- Direct interaction with clients in support of Sales providing detailed sustainable product education, methodology expertise, product analysis, such as risk and return attribution, single or multiple index comparative returns analysis, holdings analysis, ESG, factor, carbon and business involvement characteristics.
- Execute strategy to distribute sustainable index solutions to various client segments (Asset owners, Insurance companies)
- Coordinate internal training for APAC ETF specialist and generalist sales teams
- Follow-up to client engagements and requests, monitoring execution and tracking pipeline of opportunities
- Syndication of new launches, coordinating seed arrangements and pipeline
- Engage with internal stakeholders and teams such as Blackrock Sustainable Investing (BSI) and BlackRock Investment Stewardship (BIS) and be able to convey key messages to clients
- Continually expand and deepen ESG-related investment, portfolio construction. Stay abreast of current market environment and the latest relevant ESG research and regulation
- Serve as a speaker/participant at BlackRock sponsored and industry conferences as needed.
- Respond to client ESG queries, requiring broad sustainable knowledge, co-ordination across specialist teams and ability to leverage BlackRock sustainable tools
- Create regular sustainable content and maintain / update that content when needed (client decks, product brochures, monthly emails)
- Create and coordinate investment insights around sustainable investing (performance attributions etc.)
- Create and oversee new content for product launches (client decks, product briefs, competitor positioning, Portfolio Implementation) in combination with Product Innovation and Marketing
- Along with APAC Investment Strategy/Marketing/Sales Specialist teams, drive the creation and delivery of product specific strategies and content to drive iShares sales
- Collaborate with marketing teams to distribute content and promote the sustainable indexing initiative
- Oversee launches of new products ensuring key requirements are incorporated in the launch process
- Work with internal stakeholders such as Product Innovation and Blackrock sustainable Investing (BSI) and act as centralised feedback provider for new product development initiatives
- Assess ESG datasets and index providers from a sustainable angle
Qualifications / Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent business experience required; and/or Masters/CFA a plus
- 3-5 years for Associate (5-8 years for Vice President) of experience in relevant sustainability research and/or investment industry experience, preferably with emphasis in ESG analytics and/or index investments.
- Strong research, analytical skills: ideally proven experience in working with MSCI ESG Research, Sustainalytics or other similar ESG research tools
- Strong presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Fluency in English with strong communication skills (both verbal and written); fluency in Mandarin and/or other Asian languages is an advantage
- Understanding of product set – preferably ETFs, mutual funds, and institutional mandates
- Proven experience with Excel, PowerPoint as well as Bloomberg or similar systems required
- Attention to detail a must with strong analytical skills
- High level of self-motivation as well as leadership skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task, prioritize and collaborate vertically/horizontally in a fast-paced environment
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, family status, gender identity, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected attributes at law.