Bank | Asset Manager
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a role where you can continue to make an impression, take the next step at HSBC where your contributions will always be valued. HSBC Asset Management (AM), the investment management business of the HSBC Group, serves HSBC’s worldwide customer base of retail and private clients, intermediaries, corporates and institutions invested in both segregated accounts and pooled funds.
HSBC Asset Management fulfils its purpose of connecting HSBC’s clients with investment opportunities around the world through an international network of offices in approximately 30 countries, delivering global capabilities with local market insight.
HSBC Alternatives is the alternative investment arm of HSBC Asset Management, investing globally in a wide spectrum of alternatives asset classes which include private market funds, hedge funds, real estate, infrastructure, private debts and venture capital, with AUM of $56 billion and 270 staff across 10 offices (inc. London, New York, Hong Kong and Singapore).
We are currently seeking to recruit an experienced individual to join as Associate Principal. This Vice President level investment role sits within the Private Markets team and focuses on Impact Investments via Primary, Secondary and Co-investment opportunities principally in Private Equity (and selectively in Infrastructure) across North America, Europe and Asia.
In this role, you will:
• Support the build-out of a strong ESG and impact investing framework and product offering in cooperation with the Group’s Sustainability capabilities.
• Screen and review Impact investment opportunities to assess the overall risk / reward / impact profile of the opportunity.
• Manage and conduct the due diligence of investment opportunities.
• Originate investment opportunities and ideas to support investment deal flow.
• Present the investment thesis and lead investment discussions with the Investment Committee.
• Assist in the monitoring and management of the existing portfolio, which includes maintaining dialogue with fund managers, attending Annual General Meetings & Investor Advisory Boards, and producing detailed investment monitoring reports.
• Manage and mentor Analysts and Associates in the team.
• Respond to inbound requests from clients and assist with reporting
• Support the team in the day-to-day activities of running a large global fund investment program.
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements:
• Significant financial industry experience, with strong and relevant expertise in the Impact and/or Private Markets (especially Private Equity) fund investing space.
• Passionate about ESG and impact investing.
• Strong financial modelling skills and PowerPoint proficiency.
• Strong presentation skills with ability to convince without hard selling.
• Strong writing, analytical, organizational, and communication skills with the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
• Strong problem-solving skills including the ability to prioritise and escalate key issues in a timely manner
• Excellent ability to interact at senior levels with key stakeholders including decision makers and senior executives
• Commitment to HSBC’s values including Sustainability, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
This is a Hybrid working role with the base location as London. The successful candidate will have to have the ability to commute to this location.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC
At HSBC we look to enable our employees to better balance their work / life priorities and have the flexibility required to meet challenging needs as they progress through different life stages. Where possible we will consider the following flexible working options: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, and working from home and staggered hours. If in considering a role with HSBC, you have a need for some flexibility in your working arrangements please discuss this with the recruitment team in the early stages of the application process
HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and providing an inclusive and accessible recruitment process for all. We will provide reasonable adjustments to remove any disadvantage to you being considered for this role. We are proud members of the Disability Confident Scheme, and will offer an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria for the role. If you would like to receive any information in a different way or would like us to do anything differently to help you apply for our roles, please contact our Recruitment Helpdesk:
Telephone: +44 2078328500
Within the workplace you will have access to various employee resource groups which aim to promote and achieve a healthy work / life balance and support our diversity ambitions. HSBC has processes in place to avoid nepotism. This means we will avoid circumstances in which the appearance or possibility of conflicts of interest may exist within the hiring process.