Website JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Bank | Asset Manager
The J.P. Morgan Asset Management (JPMAM) Global Sustainable Investing team is recruiting for an Investment Stewardship Specialist, covering Japan.
As an Investment Stewardship Specialist in Global Sustainable Investing team, you will support the delivery of the annual and long-term objectives of the JPMAM Investment Stewardship global priorities by leading and driving regional efforts in corporate engagement, proxy voting and reporting. You will be in a front office environment and will involve regular interaction with our research analysts and portfolio managers across Equities and Fixed Income to coordinate and align engagement activities and voting proxies, as well as engaging with representatives of the companies in which we invest on their environmental, social and governance (ESG) policies and practices. You will possess a passion for creative and critical thinking about financial markets, and a desire to be part of a fast-growing team. You will report to the Japan Head of Investment Stewardship.
- Contribute to the implementation of the investment stewardship activities and policies for Japan.
- Assist exercise and documentation of proxy voting of investee companies and ensure proper execution of JP Morgan Asset Management Global Proxy Voting Policy in collaboration with the investment teams, other investment stewardship specialists and operations team.
- Compile proxy voting committee and engagement working group presentation materials and minutes.
- Assist projects to develop stewardship related operational and technological enhancements on such as proxy voting and reporting platforms.
- Assist in the preparation of regulatory filings and surveys on stewardship activities.
- Assist client reporting on stewardship activities including engagement and voting in collaboration with JPMAM’s client servicing teams to ensure client reporting and client presentations meet expectations, and that client queries on our stewardship activities are responded to promptly and to the satisfaction of the client.
- Support corporate engagement on sustainability-related topics (ESG research of investee companies, materials preparation, and coordination with other internal stakeholders) and document engagement meetings in English.
- Contribute to engagement framework for specific ESG themes and portfolio company-specific criteria and measurement.
- Contribute to the ongoing maintenance and development of the firm’s stewardship policies, priorities and the strategies for implementing them each year.
- Build key working relationships across internal constituents from investment teams, business teams and corporate teams.
- Help produce thought leadership / white papers on investment stewardship topics.
Required Qualifications, Capabilities, And Skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong English and Japanese language skills (written and spoken)
- Experience in financial services preferably in Asset Management with previous exposure to investment stewardship activities; or a background in a specialist organization/ proxy advisors / NGO; high level of specialist knowledge of sustainability related issues including ESG pillars.
- Proven presentation, communication and influencing skills; strong report writing skills in both Japanese and in English.
- Excellent critical thinking skills with an ability to apply sound judgement.
- Ability to work and drive change effectively in a high volume, rapid pace, deadline-oriented environment.
- Team player. Strong self-motivation and analytical skills.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About The Team
J.P. Morgan Asset& Wealth Management delivers industry-leading investment management and private banking solutions. Asset Management provides individuals, advisors and institutions with strategies and expertise that span the full spectrum of asset classes through our global network of investment professionals. Wealth Management helps individuals, families and foundations take a more intentional approach to their wealth or finances to better define, focus and realize their goals.