Website Goldman Sachs
Bank | Asset Manager
The Head of Climate Strategy for AMD Private will be responsible for developing and embedding a framework for integrating the challenges and opportunities that climate change and the global energy transition may present to our business and investments. This leader will be responsible for helping shape and deliver the private markets position and approach on climate in close collaboration with AMD Leadership and the Sustainability & Impact team. This role will act as an in-house expert and engage across the business, division and firm.
The goal of the framework developed by the Head of Climate Strategy for AMD Private is to incorporate climate risk into existing risk management and underwriting processes, including underwriting, portfolio management, and stress-loss projections.
- Develop AMD Private’s strategy to incorporate climate science in order to better understand the physical, social and economic risks facing our business and investing practices
- Support AMD Private’s strategy to incorporate climate considerations and their associated mitigation interventions and opportunities into existing investing processes and into new product development across asset classes
- Develop scenario planning tools and trainings for investment teams to support investing practices and portfolio programs
- Oversee the development, management and / or on-boarding of data-driven tools for analyzing climate-related impact, exposure, and alignment of financial products and portfolios, with a focus on maintaining existing protocols and methodologies to meet changing market expectations and regulations
- Provide subject-matter expertise and conduct empirical quantitative analysis on topics related to net-zero, global and sector-level climate pathways, target-setting, investment or financing activities and risk management practices
- Contribute to the sourcing, on-boarding and quality control process for external greenhouse gas emissions data, as well as related emissions factors to support the company’s financed emissions calculations and disclosures
- Partner with investing and technology teams to evolve and maintain the firm’s climate data infrastructure
- Help summarize outputs and insights for clients, senior internal leaders, and regulators
- Keep abreast of the latest trends in climate change, regulations, analytical tools and capabilities, academic research, etc. with a lens to continually enhancing the climate risk framework
- Support and join relevant strategic partnerships to collaborate, contribute to, and learn from, the betterment of the climate knowledge
The ideal candidate will ideally possess the following qualifications:
- Minimum ten (10) years of work experience, 2 of which in a related climate science / strategy role
- Proven understanding and expertise of applied climate change science, including knowledge of both physical and transition risks and their applicability to business decision making
- Ideally an advanced degree in atmospheric or physical sciences, meteorology, environmental sciences or related field
- Proven experience in advising business leaders on climate science and the mitigation and management of those risks.
- Proven experience in greenhouse gas measurement and verification, GHG estimation, net zero modeling and SBTi
- Experience and knowledge of global climate policy, especially in regards to market-based regulations, offset protocols, and reporting requirements of TCFD
- Detail-oriented and thorough
- Able to connect various requirements into one synchronized process and work with various stakeholders
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Proven ability to connect with deal and management teams and be a team player in a fast-paced environment.
About Goldman Sachs
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We’re committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity