Are you passionate to make a difference where you live and work? At Arup, we do work that matters. We are proud to be a diverse community of designers, planners, engineers, advisors and experts from many disciplines. Join Arup, and you will find yourself in a place where imagination, technology and rigour meet to solve some of the planet’s most urgent challenges.
We care about you and want you to perform at your best. Here you will have access to a wide range of opportunities to become a better version of yourself. We also offer flexible work arrangements to support your lifestyle and wellbeing.
We welcome candidates from all backgrounds, and provide an equal and inclusive environment for you to thrive in. Join us to create a greener, better and more sustainable world!
Role And Responsibilities
- Develop Arup’s East Asia business strategy on Climate Finance and Substainable Investing
- Originate Climate Finance and Sustainable Investing opportunities and engagements, proposing leading business development initiatives including targeting key C-Suite level individuals of listed companies and large conglomerate; Lead marketing and promotional management to clients and market sectors to maximise business opportunities and potential
- Oversee and support the strengthening of all Arup’s advisory services on Climate & Sustainability and Sustainable Investing propositions in East Asia Region
- Liaise with corresponding internal business leaders such as energy, green infrastructure, urban planning, city resilience, smart city, climate risk, zero carbon etc to develop related business capability
- Drive a consistent global/ regional point of view across thought leadership papers, external marketing campaigns and communications to enhance our global brand
- Develop and oversee all Climate Finance and Sustainable Investing related technology solutions, such as to improve the breadth and depth of services relating to TCFD, SBTi, ISSB etc
- Develop and build experience and credentials in market leading services and solutions and identify pockets of innovation from the network which can be scaled
- Build global connectivity across the Climate Finance and Sustainable Investing capability, creating a community of knowledge sharing across accounts and countries for this specialist area, as well as driving alignment to raise our profile in the market and support the building of subject matter capability in the network
- Lead Arup’s global/regional involvement on all Climate Finance and Sustainable Investing matters with key external stakeholders, examining potential alliance and strategic partner opportunities at regional and international level
- Support and contribute to Arup’s growth plans by working with sectors and functions to build detailed and relevant narratives, which will equip all Arup colleagues in initiating conversations related to Climate Finance and Sustainable Investing with clients
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Master level or above in Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Engineering, Sustainability, Environmental Policy or other related disciplines
- Minimum 12 years experience working within a multinational professional services firm covering topics associated with advisory on climate finance, green/climate bond, sustainable infrastructure investing, large-scale project initiation
- Experience working at a global level within a global professional services organization is advantageous
- Have exceptional leadership skills in ability to select, motivate and inspire people in their organisation to maximise performance, and through excellent communication skills achieve recognition from business associates, clients, the media and the public
- Have played a leading role in the conception and development of new models or techniques that have advanced the practice of analysing climate risk and financial investment
- Have undertaken applied research that has significantly advanced the body of related knowledge
- Proven delivery and contribution of thought leadership with an external voice in the marketplace
- Passionate about the climate change agenda
- Strong commercial acumen, with experience in designing and commercialization products to the market, as well as forming new commercial and strategic partnerships
- Innovative and creative mindset, able to think outside the box and not afraid to challenge the status quo
- Knowledge and experience of engaging with institutional investors and financial institutions;
- Passionate about delivery on time and to high quality with a focus on results;
- Ability to take initiative, embrace and adapt to change;
- Collaborative outlook and team player
- Comfortable working within multicultural teams and across boundaries and ability to build and maintain relationships with private and government partners; and
- Professional presentation skills with impact, competent in presenting ideas clearly and convincingly to influence internal and external stakeholders and possessing personal presence, with the ability to earn trust and respect
- Strong communication skills – written, oral and presentation, in English, Cantonese and Putonghua. This includes an ability to synthesize and explain complex issues and information in a manner that is understood by different audiences and stakeholders.
We offer a competitive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including Global Profit Share scheme, additional fringe benefits of maternity/paternity leave and long-term career development opportunities.
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the employer’s personal data policies, a copy of which is available on Arup’s Legal page.