Website Apollo Global Management
Apollo’s Sustainable Investing Platform leverages deep experience across asset classes to deploy capital in the key sectors driving the energy transition and decarbonization. Across asset classes, Apollo targets deploying $50 billion in clean energy and climate investments through 2027 and sees the opportunity to deploy more than $100 billion by 2030.
Over the last five years, Apollo-managed funds have deployed over $23 billion¹ into energy transition, infrastructure and sustainability-related investments, supporting companies and projects including offshore and onshore wind, solar, storage, renewable fuels, and electric vehicles, as well as a wide range of technologies to facilitate decarbonization. Apollo has also played an active role in helping finance the transformation of certain traditional energy companies.
Apollo’s Sustainable Finance team is seeking an Associate or Principal (depending on experience) to work on a broad range of infrastructure and Sustainable Finance-related investment opportunities across the Apollo platform. Apollo’s credit platform is a high growth area within the firm, offering the right candidate the unique opportunity to help leadership grow the Sustainable Finance franchise and craft the go-forward strategy. In addition, the incumbent will play a pivotal role with Associates, Managing Directors, and Partners in lean deal teams to evaluate investment opportunities across the capital structure for Apollo and its investors.
The Sustainable Finance Associate/Principal will utilize private equity-style underwriting to credit investing, with a focus on industry verticals like, energy transition, industrial decarbonization, renewables, and infrastructure. Responsibilities include investment sourcing, idea generation, structuring, preparation of evaluation materials, financial modeling and analysis, company and industry research, and portfolio management. In addition to new investments, this role will involve the management of existing investments, including analysis with regard to performance, liquidity, financing, M&A and exit alternatives. Sustainable Finance Principals have the opportunity to invest on behalf of a new high-profile initiative aimed at supporting companies and projects driving energy transition. The role involves significant cross platform coordination.
- Financial analysis and strategic investments across the capital structure – Spearhead all aspects of deal process from due diligence, relationship development, credit analysis, structuring, ratings agency interaction, legal negotiations, valuation, and monitoring.
- Lead drafting of internal memos, screens, models, and communications
- Participate in idea generation, structuring and sourcing of investment opportunities.
- Manage the due diligence process including all business, financial, legal, and technical due diligence.
- Negotiate transaction-related legal documentation and internal and external communication.
- Work closely with existing investments, evaluating platform and add-on acquisitions.
- Develop relationships with external stakeholders and market participants.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with an exceptional record of academic achievement
- 3-10 years of relevant experience; experience in investment banking (energy, power, sustainable finance) and/or buy-side project finance experience is highly desirable
- Deal execution experience including managing due diligence processes and collaborating closely with intermediaries through closing process
- Keen interest in being a leading constituent in the broader energy transition
- Ability to actively manage advisors and sponsors ensuring productivity and flawless execution
- Demonstrate excellent judgment and decision making when executing a transaction, monitoring an investment, and in interactions with management and external parties
- Ability to be the key point person with management teams and effectively manage key relationships and team performance
- Demonstrated ability to think about the long-term strategy of our overall business as well as the opportunities and risks investments face; anticipates the long-term impact when evaluating possible next steps
- Exceptional analytical and critical thinking skills
- Mastery of Microsoft office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
- Self-motivated individual who also thrives in a team setting and possesses strong leadership and project management skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, relationship and communication skills
- Experience as a respected influencer and ability to play an active role in mentoring and developing junior talent
Apollo is a high-growth, global alternative asset manager. In our asset management business, we seek to provide our clients excess return at every point along the risk-reward spectrum from investment grade to private equity with a focus on three investing strategies: yield, hybrid, and equity. For more than three decades, our investing expertise across our fully integrated platform has served the financial return needs of our clients and provided businesses with innovative capital solutions for growth. Through Athene, our retirement services business, we specialize in helping clients achieve financial security by providing a suite of retirement savings products and acting as a solutions provider to institutions. Our patient, creative, and knowledgeable approach to investing aligns our clients, businesses we invest in, our employees, and the communities we impact, to expand opportunity and achieve positive outcomes.
Out Purpose & Core Values
Our Clients Rely On Our Investment Acumen To Help Secure Their Future. We Must Never Lose Our Focus And Determination To Be The Best Investors And Most Trusted Partners On Their Behalf. We Strive To Be
- The leading provider of retirement income solutions to institutions, companies, and individuals.
- The leading provider of capital solutions to companies. Our breadth and scale enable us to deliver capital for even the largest projects – and our small firm mindset ensures we will be a thoughtful and dedicated partner to these organizations. We are committed to helping them build stronger businesses.
- A leading contributor to addressing some of the biggest issues facing the world today – such as energy transition, accelerating the adoption of new technologies, and social impact – where innovative approaches to investing can make a positive difference.
We are building a unique firm of extraordinary colleagues who:
- Outperform expectations
- Challenge Convention
- Champion Opportunity
- Lead responsibly
- Drive collaboration
As One Apollo team, we believe that doing great work and having fun go hand in hand, and we are proud of what we can achieve together.
Apollo relies on its people to keep it a leader in alternative investment management, and the firm’s benefit programs are crafted to offer meaningful coverage for both you and your family. Please reach out to your Human Capital Business Partner for more detailed information on specific benefits.
Apollo Global Management, Inc. (together with its subsidiaries and affiliates) is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The firm and its affiliates do not discriminate in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, veteran status, disability, age, citizenship, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or because of any other criteria prohibited under controlling federal, state or local law.
The base salary range for this position is listed above. This position is also eligible for a discretionary annual bonus based on personal, team, and Firm performance. Compensation ranges are based on several factors including job function, level, and geographic location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed here.