Would you like to contribute to high quality pensions for the current and coming generations? And do you have the drive to do investment research that makes a difference for people and the planet? Then we would like to hear from you about this position at APG Asset Management.
Dit wordt je functie
APG manages over €500 billion in assets for pension funds. APG plays a leading role in the pension sector, and focuses strongly on the transition towards sustainable investing. You will join a diverse and growing team of 20 professionals of various nationalities and be part of the broader business unit Quantitative Strategies. Our core belief is that our ability to integrate long-term stakeholder value and to deliver alpha uncorrelated to traditional quant factors, using data and digital technologies will define our future success. We are on an ambitious multi-year innovation journey, and need talent to drive that further.
We offer a position in APG’s Quantitative Equities investment team in Amsterdam which is currently looking for several researchers. Together with the team you are responsible for the research, development and portfolio management of systematic investment strategies. The strategies are based on insights from the fields of quantitative and behavioral finance and our industry experience. The team’s strategies will run on the investment insights you develop. We are looking to systematically identify firms who create long-term benefits for all stakeholders, not just short-term returns to shareholders. It is our deep conviction that by investing in those business we can create real world outcomes while generating healthy returns for our pension participants.
The main responsibilities of the Quant Equity Researcher include the following:
- Researching, analyzing, and building ESG-related signals for the investment strategy;
- Communicate, document, and implement research results;
- Contribute to APG’s custom built IT platform for research and portfolio management;
- Stay up to date on ESG developments in industry and academia.
Dit breng je mee
We ask for:
As a Quant Equity Researcher you have a self-starting attitude combined with a hands-on and pragmatic mindset. You know how to organize your internal network and you are a team player with a healthy ambition. You are technically strong, your work is accurate and your communication skills are solid (in English). You ask the right questions at the right moment and you are not afraid to ask for more information when necessary.
Additionally, you have:
- A MSc or PhD degree in finance, mathematics, data science, or related fields;
- At least 3 years of experience as a Quantitative Researcher with a focus on ESG-related topics;
- Experience in extracting ESG-related alpha signals from large traditional and/or alternative datasets;
- Strong programming skills (e.g. Python, Matlab, Spark);
- You like working in a cooperative research environment;
- You can clearly communicate your research outcomes in writing and verbally in English;
- You have a focus on results and you are eager to improve systems and processes.
Hier ga je aan de slag
We offer you a competitive monthly salary based on 40-hours and attractive terms of employment with a
focus on flexibility.
- A guaranteed year-end bonus of 8.33%;
- A result-driven bonus opportunity;
- Ample attention to your vitality and personal development;
- Ability to grow your professional network, internally as well as externally;
- Working from home for 2 to 3 days, and also working from one of our beautiful offices;
- And of course a well-organized pension.
For pension provider APG, pensions are about people, life and how we live together. Through careful asset management, pension administration, communication and advice, APG wants to help building a decent future in which we share our well-being and prosperity honestly and sustainably. For present and future generations. For today, tomorrow and beyond.
APG is committed to serving 4.7 million people in the Netherlands. That explains the importance we attach
to reflecting Dutch society. To that end, APG strives for an inclusive work environment in which everyone
can be themselves and their unique qualities are embraced.
Choosing APG means choosing a job in which you contribute to a bright future. Don’t delay, apply today!