Do you want an ESG focused investment consulting role supporting the delivery of expertise and advice to a range of large institutional clients? Would you enjoy being part of a diverse team focused on driving positive outcomes for both clients and colleagues? If you’re passionate about joining an innovative and market leading business, then read on!
This is a great opportunity for an interested and motivated individual to get involved in a fast-growing area of the business which has attracted a great deal of interest. By being a part of the Responsible Investment team, your role will entail working with colleagues, teams and clients from across the business and for client interaction.
This is a hybrid working role with flexibility to work both virtually and from a range of Aon office locations including London, Bristol, Birmingham, Leeds and Edinburgh
Aon is in the business of better decisions
At Aon, we shape decisions for the better to protect and enrich the lives of people around the world.As an organization, we are united through trust as one inclusive, diverse team, and we are passionate about helping our colleagues and clients succeed.
What The Day Will Look Like
As a Responsible Investment Associate Partner you will be leading client relationships and delivering advice predominantly to defined benefit pension schemes but also endowments, charities and other institutional clients. Given the breadth of capability at Aon, you will be supported by a team of dedicated client-facing colleagues as well as expertise from our many specialist teams such as risk & modelling, investment manager research, asset allocation and more.Your day-to-day focus will include:
- Leading on ESG related regulatory and business change projects, working closely with relevant colleagues to provide robust support
- Participating in and/or leading client and prospective client meetings, discussions and education sessions
- Leading, shaping and implementing the strategic and operational priorities for sustainable investments, ensuring these priorities are aligned with the overall Responsible Investment strategy and priorities
- Leading relationships with clients and other business areas to understand and solve the challenges they face within the ESG landscape with accountability for developing those relationships, for example through introducing additional services
- Strong focus on growth and securing new business, experience of prospecting for new business and leading client pitches
- Taking accountability for quality of technical work delivered to clients
- Helping to further build the expertise within the wider team, through training and mentoring of more junior colleagues as necessary
- Liaising and working effectively with senior leaders of Aon globally outside of Aon Investments to coordinate ESG efforts, and connect corporate initiatives and goals back to Aon Investments UK
- Developing junior colleagues into future consultants
- Identifying opportunities to innovate and drive efficiency
- Developing a strong network of internal and external partners to support ESG developments for Investment activities
- Supporting investment teams with expertise insight through interpretation, implementation, and ongoing compliance with regulatory change
- Promoting an inclusive culture across Aon
- Working in accordance with the Aon Investments Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company
How This Opportunity Is Different
In this role you will gain a high level of exposure and insight to the overall organisation. You will have the opportunity to be part of a fast-growing team and shape the way Responsible Investment is is incorporated across client portfolios.This is a high-profile role, working with wide variety of teams.
Skills And Experience That Will Lead To Success
- Subject matter expert on ESG, carbon accounting, decarbonization pathways, DE&I, disclosures, and/or sustainable investing
- Familiarity and experience with a number of disclosure and regulatory regimes included, but not limited to the DOL, SEC, SASB, ISSB, IFRS, TCFD, CDP, EU Taxonomy, etc
- Deep understanding and subject matter expertise in key areas related to climate change issues
- Public policy awareness related to ESG, climate change and/or sustainability
- Research skills including, but not limited to, quantitative and qualitative analysis, data aggregation and surveying capabilities and comfort working with large, complex datasets. Data visualization skills a plus.
- Ability to explain complex ESG/sustainability topics to a wide variety of constituents with excellent oral and written communication skills and public speaking experience
- Bachelor’s Degree is required; CFA or MBA (or other relevant degree including environmental sciences) would be advantageous
- Financial services experience preferred, with experience in a private equity, investment management or investment banking role highly preferred
- 6+ years of relevant work experience
How We Support Our Colleagues
In addition to our comprehensive benefits package, we encourage a diverse workforce. Plus, our agile, inclusive environment allows you to manage your wellbeing and work/life balance, ensuring you can be your best self at Aon. Furthermore, all colleagues enjoy two “Global Wellbeing Days” each year, encouraging you to take time to focus on yourself. We offer a variety of working style solutions, but we also recognise that flexibility goes beyond just the place of work… and we are all for it. We call this Smart Working!
Our continuous learning culture inspires and equips you to learn, share and grow, helping you achieve your fullest potential. As a result, at Aon, you are more connected, more relevant, and more valued.
We provide individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable law. Please contact us to request an accommodation on ReasonableAdjustments@Aon.com
Aon values an innovative, diverse workplace where all colleagues feel empowered to be their authentic selves. Aon is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.