Financial Institutions Lead | Aon Climate
Are you an experienced client and engagement leader with a consultative approach? Do you have a passion for climate change and a desire to have an impact? Do you hold specific sector expertise in the financial institutions and investment space? Are you keen to join an industry-leading team to support a large internal and external network of colleagues and clients execute upon climate change strategies and mandates? If so, then we’d love to hear from you in connection with this new role focused on creating value for our clients as they execute upon their climate change strategy!
Aon is in the business of better decisions
At Aon, we shape decisions for the better to protect and enrich the lives of people around the world. As an organisation, we are united through trust as one inclusive, diverse team, and we are passionate about helping our colleagues and clients succeed.
What The Day Will Look Like
- You’ll be working closely with the Aon Climate leadership team and colleagues across Aon to deliver climate change related client engagement in the financial institutions sector
Daily responsibilities will include:
- Creating and managing cross functional teams to initiate, develop and deliver strategic relationships with clients
- Leading client engagement in collaboration with and independently from Aon’s network of client facing colleagues, from origination and sales to delivery
- Maintaining client engagement in the execution of strategic partnerships
- Continually improving the way the team executes upon its mandates and responding to the evolution of client needs and our business
- Create pipelines in collaboration with growth operations and provide progress for regular reporting
- Surfacing opportunities for Aon to improve its climate solutions offering, e.g. through innovation and new third party capability and partnership
- Working with multiple teams globally across a multitude of region and solution teams
- Being a subject matter expert in green finance and how climate issues impact the financial sector, keeping a close eye on industry news and development
How This Opportunity Is Different
This is a fantastic opportunity for a passionate client engagement leader, like yourself, to utilise your financial institutions knowledge and passion for climate change in a brand-new role and for a practice within Aon that’s still in its infancy. You’ll be empowered and supported by a strong leadership team and your work will have a tangible impact upon the ongoing success of this highly visible and most respected team.
Skills And Experience That Will Lead To Success
- Experienced as a client and sales engagement leader with consultative approach, focused on discovery, long term relationship development, and execution
- Interest and passion for climate change and sustainability, with an ability to keep on top of industry developments.
- Ideally a good understanding of net zero, green investing, green finance policy trends, and key players in the private and public sectors
- Specific financial institution and green finance expertise
- Ability to understand client’s climate related needs and connect them to a diverse set of Aon solutions
- Collaborative approach with a good judgement to identify opportunities to introduce team mates, colleagues and capabilities to the client engagement
How We Support Our Colleagues
In addition to our comprehensive benefits package, we encourage a diverse workforce. Plus, our agile, inclusive environment allows you to manage your wellbeing and work/life balance, ensuring you can be your best self at Aon. Furthermore, all colleagues enjoy two “Global Wellbeing Days” each year, encouraging you to take time to focus on yourself. We offer a variety of working style solutions, but we also recognize that flexibility goes beyond just the place of work… and we are all for it. We call this Smart Working!
Our continuous learning culture inspires and equips you to learn, share and grow, helping you achieve your fullest potential. As a result, at Aon, you are more connected, more relevant, and more valued.
Aon values an innovative, diverse workplace where all colleagues feel empowered to be their authentic selves. Aon is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, domestic partner status, or other legally protected status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer. People with criminal histories are encouraged to apply.
We provide individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable law. Please contact us to request an accommodation on ReasonableAdjustments@Aon.com
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
The target salary range for this position is $140,000 to $170,000 annually. The actual salary will vary based on applicant’s education, experience, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data. The salary may also be adjusted based on applicant’s geographic location.
This position is eligible to participate in one of Aon’s annual incentive plans. The amount of the incentive varies and is subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable incentive plan.
Aon offers a comprehensive package of benefits for full-time and regular part-time colleagues, including, but not limited to: a 401(k) savings plan with employer contributions; an employee stock purchase plan; consideration for long-term incentive awards at Aon’s discretion; medical, dental and vision insurance, various types of leaves of absence, paid time off, including 12 paid holidays throughout the calendar year, 15 days of paid vacation per year, paid sick leave as provided under state and local paid sick leave laws, short-term disability and optional long-term disability, health savings account, health care and dependent care reimbursement accounts, employee and dependent life insurance and supplemental life and AD&D insurance; optional personal insurance policies, adoption assistance, tuition assistance, commuter benefits, and an employee assistance program that includes free counseling sessions. Eligibility for benefits is governed by the applicable plan documents and policies.