Website Anthos Fund & Asset Management
Established almost 100 years ago to manage capital for the Brenninkmeijer family, Anthos Fund & Asset Management has provided comprehensive values-based asset management and investment advisory services in numerous asset classes to the family, their philanthropies and pension funds of group entities.
Clients benefit from tailored expert management across equities, fixed income, real estate, private equity, alternative investments and on an overall portfolio level.
Based on a tradition of purpose, excellence, collaboration, client focus and passion, our approach has a long-term track record of outperforming benchmarks while contributing to the common good. We are a signatory to the UN Principles for Responsible Investment and we have a long track record in the field of impact investing and responsible investing, embedded across our investment process. More information can be found on anthosam.com.
Anthos Fund & Asset Management is part of the COFRA holding. Family-owned for six generations, COFRA is united around a common mission – to amaze customers and be a force for good. The enterprise cares deeply about people and the communities it serves, striving to have a lasting positive impact on society and the environment. More information can be found on cofraholding.com.
About Investment & Strategy Research Department (ISR)
ISR supports the different investment teams and the broader company strategy with high quality research and analytics. The goal is to significantly contribute to generating high quality investment returns according to a strong Responsible investing (RI) strategy, and to support the company’s strategic goals. Thorough investment research, portfolio analytics, investment recommendations and market analysis are at the core of what we do. Proactive advice is what we deliver.
The team consists of a group of investment analysts, with each having core expertise within a focus asset class and strong understanding of at least one other asset class, making sure in-depth knowledge and analytical support is continuously available to all investment teams. The analysts jointly support the portfolio management teams, the RI officer and the Client Advisory & Solutions team. The Analyst will work in a multi-disciplinary investment research team, consisting of six investments analysts who have their focus on one of the following fund of funds areas: Real Estate, Fixed Income, Equities, Absolute Return, Private Equity, and Multi Asset Impact Investing. Cross border asset class & investment research is at the core of the work in this team.
Purpose of the job
In this role, you will work closely together with the other analysts on asset class & investment research. The responsibilities of the Analyst can be divided in these fields.
1. You will support the full area of liquid and illiquid investments together with the other analysts on the whole multi-asset spectrum (private equity, real assets, fixed income, listed equities, absolute return and multi asset impact portfolios) as a direct point of contact for the Multi-Asset Impact Investing team. You will be the linking pin to ISR and support the Multi-Asset portfolio managers in their decision making by gathering and analyzing investment and portfolio information. You will be proactively following the markets and providing recommendations for changes in the portfolio. You will collaborate with the other asset class analysts for investment insights and selection. You will provide input and for the strategic asset allocation program of the portfolios.
2. You will be working on top down research projects, which require collaboration between the pool of analysts. Typically these are either subjects that transcend specific portfolios and asset classes, like RI integration and impact measurement, product, process and asset class innovation or subjects related to the broader strategic goals of Anthos Fund & Asset Management, like the analysis of potential clients and researching and writing thought pieces or niche markets.
You will have the opportunity to work in a multi-disciplinary environment covering the whole spectrum of topics and challenges within asset management within a top tier global multi-generation family enterprise, with investment capabilities of institutional quality while maintaining a fast-moving and nimble mindset. Furthermore, the group provides a deeply rooted culture of collaboration, client focus, excellence, purpose and passion within an intellectually challenging environment.
- Ex ante and ex post market, portfolio and investment analysis of Return, Risk and RI; for example: ex post analysis of what has driven return and RI measures, and how investment decisions contributed or detracted to and from performance.
- Analysis and recommendations for investment selection and allocation, portfolio construction, and RI Implementation.
- Global economic and Financial markets analysis and RI integration.
- Competitive market analysis, process and product developments and innovation.
- Proactively provide the portfolio managers with analyses and recommendation on the financial and ESG performance of investments and managed portfolios.
- Analyze various portfolio characteristics, such as concentration limits, costs, covenants & policies, allocations across regions and sub-asset classes.
- Provide insights into risk and performance metrics across both financial and ESG/Impact dimensions.
- Maintain, develop and distribute key management information and client reports.
- Analyze and advise on market developments and trends, with an equal focus on private markets and listed markets (predominantly by aggregating external sources).
- Provide forward-looking estimates regarding market opportunities, risks and returns of all asset classes and portfolios, etc.
- Review external databases to identify prospective investment managers.
- Contribute to investment due diligence processes and documentation write-up.
- Review investment agreements, prospectuses and limited partnership agreements.
- Help to identify, select, implement and improve relevant tools and systems.
- Coordinate ESG portfolio screenings.
Experience and skills
- Master’s degree in Econometrics, Physics, Finance, Economics, Accounting or similar field
- Genuine interest (no virtue flagging) to apply finance skills to make the world a better place through RI and Impact Investing.
- The ideal candidate will have experience in private markets (private equity, venture capital or private credit) fund of funds and have strong understanding of listed markets.
- Demonstrated interest in the field of investing and asset management.
- Strong interest in responsible & impact investing
- Affinity with multi-asset and strategic asset allocation is considered an advantage.
- Strong command of MS Office software, especially Excel.
- Strong written skills and conveyance of analytical information.
- VBA, CFA or similar certificate or in the process of obtaining one is an advantage.
- Fluent in English, other languages (especially Dutch and/or German) are an advantage.
- Valid EU work permit.
- An open-minded approach, collaborative attitude and emphasis on joint success are prerequisites in the ISR team. Within Anthos we encourage initiative and keeping a balance between working collaborative while also being able to keep things going and make progress individually.
- You will report to Head of ISR.
- The role is a full-time position.
- You will be offered a definite contract of one year with the intention to extend to a permanent contract after a year.
- An (online) assessment.
- Reference checks and a pre-employment screening are a final step of the hiring procedure.
- We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.