Website Allianz Global Investors
Insurer | Asset Manager
Join us. Let’s care for tomorrow.
At Allianz Global Investors we foster a culture of professionalism, fulfilment, and an inclusive working environment. Do you want to be part of a leading active asset management company?
We are currently hiring a forward-thinking and results-oriented intern in our impact measurement and management team focused on private markets asset classes. This position is based in our London office and will be offered as a 12 month internship commencing November 2023.
At AllianzGI, our Impact approaches are focused on enabling clients to invest both with their financial objectives and sustainable goals in mind. We aim to increasingly be able to support those investors who want to see a positive change for the planet whilst generating a return – and our impact investing approaches provide solutions to do so.
The future growth opportunity of impact investing depends on asset managers demonstrating how impact can be robustly measured and reported. With that in mind, AllianzGI has created an Impact Measurement and Management team within private markets to enhance our approach towards the due diligence, measurement and management of impact for Impact investments.
As an intern in the Impact Measurement and Management team, you will be a key member of the Private Market Impact team within AllianzGI’s Sustainable investment platform. You will work in an agile environment offering plenty of opportunities to develop technically and personally, helping to deliver our impact measurement and management approaches covering developed and developing markets, direct and fund investments, debt and equity strategies.
The successful candidate needs to demonstrate strong skills and interest with regards to impact measurement and management. These include strong research and analytical skills, data management competencies and broad thematic knowledge of both climate and social development topics. The successful candidate will be a motivated individual and will exhibit the highest levels of competency, integrity and teamwork in undertaking this role.
- Supporting the implementation of our impact approach
- Contribute to the overall development of the Impact Measurement and Management team within AllianzGI’s Private Market Impact platform.
- Provide research support on ex-ante impact assessments of prospective private equity/debt direct and indirect investments, drawing on a range of sources, including the scientific literature, national statistics and industry reports.
- Assist with the collection, monitoring and analysis of impact data to inform our impact management approach.
- Support the preparation of high-quality impact-related Investment Committee materials to inform investment decision-making.
- Support on the creation of impact reporting materials and thought leadership pieces through research and design.
- Assist with research deep dives into thematic impact areas of interest to inform investment strategy, in particular as these relate to climate or social-related impact areas.
- Demonstrated interest in Impact Investing, with a considered aim to build experience in the field.
- Undergraduate or advanced degree in Public Policy, Economics, Business, Environmental Sciences, Environmental Sustainability, or another relevant program strongly desired.
- Previous professional working experience in consulting, financial services, ESG/impact focused professional services, or research and analytics.
- Outstanding quantitative analytical capability, comfortable interpreting and applying data and research to live deals we are assessing for impact investments in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong data management skills, either demonstrated through advanced experience with Microsoft Excel or programming languages such as R or Python.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, to assist with the preparation of investment and research materials.
- Highly collaborative and proactive team player with a strong willingness to learn.
- Excellent analytical, inter-personal and written communication skills.
- Business fluency in written and spoken English is required.
- Team orientation and humour.
32666 | Asset & Investment Management | Student | n.a. | Allianz Global Investors | Full-Time | Temporary
About Allianz Global Investors
Allianz Global Investors is a leading global active asset manager.
We invest for the long term and want to create value for clients every step of the way. We do this by being active – in how we partner with clients and anticipate their needs, and build solutions based on capabilities across public and private markets. Our focus on enhancing our clients’ assets leads naturally to a commitment to sustainability for positive change. Our goal is to enhance the investment experience for clients, whatever their location or goals.
Putting our clients’ needs first, behaving in a transparent way and treating people fairly means acting with integrity. We encourage a collegial culture, that supports individual responsibility. We invest in the development of our employees to maximize the power of innovation.
We at Allianz believe in a diverse and inclusive workforce, we are committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to helping applicants with any disabilities. We encourage you to bring your whole self to work, no matter where you are from, what you look like, who you love or what you believe in. We therefore welcome applications regardless of ethnicity or cultural background, age, gender, nationality, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Great to have you on board.
If you feel inspired to promote the active asset management experience, this is the place for you. Join our diverse, international, technology-enabled, and agile environment. Simply upload your CV in English to apply for this position! If you need support to navigate our websites or at any stage during your application, please send an email with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org