Describe The Role
Research defines the culture of AB Equities and is the cornerstone of our collaborative investment process. Our researchers engage in creative, rigorous, and long-term strategic studies that is the basis for all of our portfolios. We serve clients globally, with research coverage across developed, emerging and frontier markets and our teams are based in offices including New York, London, Nashville, Tokyo, Shanghai, Taipei, Sydney, Copenhagen, Singapore and Hong Kong.This role is a ESG Research Analyst supporting our Responsible US Equities (“ReUSE”) strategy. Responsible US Equities, one of AB’s Portfolios with Purpose, invests in companies with improving or best-in-class environmental, social, and governance (“ESG”) performance while generating attractive risk-adjusted returns.
The key job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct fundamental research aimed at understanding the material Environmental, Social and Governance (“ESG”) issues of individual businesses.
- Make recommendations on eligibility for inclusion in the ReUSE portfolio based on assessment of a business’s fundamental performance relative to their material ESG issues.
- Be willing to take accountability for recommendations based on the above, and in the best interests of AB’s clients.
- Engage with business management teams on material ESG issues with a focus on working with them to achieve better ESG outcomes.
- Contribute to the team’s thought leadership, collaborating on thematic research regarding nascent ESG issues.
- Work collaboratively with other team members and PMs to further our research.
- Assist with production of marketing and client communication materials.
- Uphold AB’s fiduciary obligations, adhere to the Code of Conduct and uphold AB’s reputation as a representative with clients and in the broader industry.
- Promote an appropriate diversity and inclusion culture in the firm.
- Collaborate with AB’s Responsible Investing team to consider and evaluate the environmental, social, and governance impact of the companies we invest in.
Job QualificationsThe successful candidate will have:
- A strong interest in investing with a purpose.
- Outstanding research skills as well as professional curiosity and flexibility. Ability to research and understand materiality of ESG issues, business models, industry structures, and key success factors for a broad range of businesses across industries.
- Experience engaging with management teams on material ESG issues.
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to work as a member of a team in a dynamic, collaborative, informal and fast-changing environment. We encourage vigorous and open debate among members of our team in an atmosphere of mutual respect.
- More than three years of experience in ESG research is required.
- A record of outstanding academic and professional success.
People of color, women, and those who identify as LGBTQ people are encouraged to apply. AB does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. AB’s policies, as well as practices, seek to ensure that employment opportunities are available to all employees and applicants, based solely on job-related criteria.New York City, New York