The successful candidate will partner with investments, distribution as well as the firm’s responsible investing resources to promote and drive the growth of the fixed income business for AB. The role is organized under the leadership of the Director of Fixed Income Business Development and Strategy—Responsible Investing, who spearheads the responsible investing strategy and vision for Fixed Income and leads the ESG messaging for AB’s Fixed Income platform as well as the commercialization of AB’s suite of Fixed Income Portfolios with Purpose.
The successful candidate will support the commercialization efforts for these specific fixed income products as well as help driving the articulation of ESG insights and processes across the fixed income platform. This global role focuses on various channels and/or regions to ensure adequate internal support, strong product advocacy and timely competitive insights.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serve as point of contact for Global Sales (Regional Consultants / Managers, Institutional Associates / Advisors, etc.) for the specific products, as assigned.
- Understand overall region/channel strategies to communicate priorities to broader team, the fixed income responsible investing function and members of investment management
- Seeks broad feedback from investment management and distribution on product-specific initiatives to identify areas for commercial opportunity
Responsible Investing and Fixed Income Expertise
- Build a presence and deep understanding of the investment process, fixed income market dynamics, the fast-evolving ESG landscape and Responsible Investing environment
- Become a strong advocate for the services (e.g. Portfolio Specialist) and be able to explain portfolio performance and positioning by conducting relevant reports and preparing timely issuer insights in coordination with the portfolio management team
- Support Learning & Development for ESG and responsible investing training initiatives
- Identify areas for thought leadership that connect with product responsibilities
Product and Client Servicing
- Partner with Investment Management to create and update a strong, consistent suite of core product marketing and client-service materials, in collaboration with marketing colleagues.
- Create new sales ideas/ways to advocate product and help advancing the ESG reporting of fixed income portfolios
- Assist on/review RFPs, and answer advisor/relationship manager questions on specific sales opportunities
- The Product manager is also responsible for the following in their respective platform:
- Review and update prospecting decks, fact sheets and product overviews for products on the fixed income platform
- Write market commentary and updates
- Update internal sources (e.g. Salesforce, the Loop, etc.); works with data team to ensure accuracy of database information
- Partner with RFP team to respond to inquiries
- Respond to incoming client inquiries and internal requests
Job Qualifications & Key Attributes
The ideal candidate should have:
- Familiarity with fixed income instruments, markets as well as competitive landscape
- Relevant experience in the investment-management industry; a good understanding of fixed income and broader industry systems and databases is a plus, e.g. Bloomberg, MSCI, Sustainalytics
- Passion for sustainability and responsible investing; experience in related investment services is a plus
- Interested in the capital markets, and finding creative ways to connect with our clients & prospects globally
- Ability to work efficiently, adhere to tight deadlines and maintaining strategic relationships with internal partners
- Excellent communication skills, highly detail-oriented and organized
- Marketing and messaging skills, with the vision to create and maintain a compelling story for the firm’s fixed income business, its responsible investing efforts as well as its portfolio with purpose offering
- A team player with highly developed interpersonal skills, including collaboration, negotiation and consensus building
- A desire to interact with internal clients and to guide their product knowledge and support our sales efforts
- Current CFA or progressing towards preferred; ESG qualifications or progress towards are a plus