Work from Edmonton, Toronto, or anywhere in Canada in our ROWE Model!
Are you passionate about sustainable deal-flow and ensuring environment, social and governance (ESG) factors are considered in the investment process? Are you excited about the concept of stewardship and exercising voice on our client’s behalf through proxy voting and engagements, and in conducting ESG analytics? If you answered yes, this could be your next career adventure.
When you invest in your career with AIMCo you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. We are committed to enriching the lives of Albertans by building prosperity, security and opportunity across generations, and the Responsible Investment team plays a critical role in achieving that goal. As an Analyst in the Responsible Investment team, you will pay a key role in driving ESG focus areas across the organization both in the pre- and post-investment processes.
Reporting to the Director, Responsible Investment, you will support the RI team by actively integrating ESG into the investment processes, navigating the transition to the low carbon economy, and advancing our stewardship & advocacy initiatives. No two days are the same on the RI team, and you will be delivering on a variety of tasks including investment due diligence, ESG portfolio analytics, company engagements, data management and ensuring AIMCo’s business practices follow Responsible Investment protocols and relevant governance mandates.
• Coordinate and liaise with internal portfolio managers and investment groups on a variety of core RI functions such as due diligence, ESG reporting requirements, and specific projects such as ESG dashboards and score cards
• Conduct ESG portfolio analysis, including carbon foot-printing data collection and calculations
• Manage, extract and analyze data from various 3rd party platforms
• Identify, facilitate and report on shareholder engagements
• Conduct research to identify and monitor ESG trends to inform the work of the RI department
• Contribute to industry consultations and prepare reports to capture responsible investment activity for various parties
Ideal Candidate Qualifications
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in business, economics/political science, finance or law,
- 2+ years’ experience in business or finance with a fundamental understanding of the field of sustainability
- Keen interest in, and knowledge of, the field of Responsible Investment
- Superior analytical and communications skills; comfortable with multi-tasking
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office Suite
- SQL, Python or R would be an asset
- Superior interpersonal skills, including the ability to work collaboratively
- Ability to recognize and define problems and opportunities and generate creative solutions
- Demonstrates a commitment to AIMCo’s core values of excellence, transparency, humility, integrity, and collaboration, and inspires the same in others