Insurer | Asset Manager
FIND YOUR ‘BETTER’ AT AIA
We don’t simply believe in being ‘The Best’. We believe in better – because there’s no limit to how far ‘better’ can take us.
We believe in empowering every one of our people to find their ‘better’ – in the work they do, the career they build, the life they live and the difference they make. So that together we can support even more people – including our own – to live Healthier, Longer, Better Lives.
If you believe in better, we’d love to hear from you.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR …..
Reporting to the Regional Head of Equities Research, the successful candidate will contribute to the development and implementation of AIA Group’s ESG-related stewardship objectives, primarily in the areas of investee company thematic engagement and proxy voting, ensuring alignment and consistency with our firm’s sustainable investing goals and conducting analysis on the engagement and proxy voting outcomes.
The Successful Candidate Is Responsible For
- Designing and implementing future thematic engagement and proxy voting policies, target operating model and processes for AIA Group to be rolled out to all Business Units, in collaboration with key stakeholders across AIA Group as well as External Fund Managers (where relevant)
- Developing and implementing AIA Group’s stewardship guidelines and best practices; socializing these with our key stakeholders
- Designing and procuring an efficient platform(s) infrastructure and system(s) to facilitate firm-wide corporate thematic engagement and proxy voting activities across all Business Units
- Formulating relevant corporate thematic engagement themes to focus on, together with our Group Investment ESG Working Group
- Providing in-depth analysis and guidance to our Group-wide Research Analysts on how to effectively assess the impact of transition and physical climate risks on our investee companies and recommendations, using climate data resources
- Providing oversight and monitoring of investee companies’ transition pathways and whether they are aligned and on track with our Net Zero commitments and SBTi targets
- Providing updates on the latest developments in Stewardship-related regulatory requirements and industry practices to the Investments team
- Coordinating with all Research Analysts and Portfolio Managers across all Business Units to ensure that the proxy voting actions are aligned and consistent with AIA Group’s Net Zero, SBTi targets and other sustainable investing objectives
- Consolidating and analyzing the results of all corporate thematic engagement and proxy voting activities, summarizing the key takeaways and recommending the next steps
Build a career with us as we help our customers and the community live Healthier, Longer, Better Lives.
You must provide all requested information, including Personal Data, to be considered for this career opportunity. Failure to provide such information may influence the processing and outcome of your application. You are responsible for ensuring that the information you submit is accurate and up-to-date.
For over a century, AIA has served the ever-changing needs of our customers across Asia-Pacific. Our Purpose to help millions of people live Healthier, Longer, Better Lives is at the heart of everything we do.
As pioneering innovators, we’re now transforming AIA to be faster, simpler and more connected to create better solutions and impactful experiences for our customers and communities. AIA encourages and enables our people to act with clarity, courage and humanity in service of our Purpose.
At AIA, we believe in empowering every one of our people to find their ‘better’ – in the work they do, the career they build, the life they live and the difference they make. Whether it’s investing better wellbeing, inspiring better learning, building better relationships, or making a better impact on customers, a career at AIA will challenge you to find new ways to pursue your ‘better’.
AIA is committed to building a vibrant, diverse, and inclusive workforce for all employees to thrive in. Join us if you believe in creating a better tomorrow!