FIND YOUR ‘BETTER’ AT AIA
We don’t simply believe in being ‘The Best’. We believe in better – because there’s no limit to how far ‘better’ can take us.
We believe in empowering every one of our people to find their ‘better’ – in the work they do, the career they build, the life they live and the difference they make. So that together we can support even more people – including our own – to live Healthier, Longer, Better Lives.
If you believe in better, we’d love to hear from you.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR …..
The position is responsible for assisting and supporting the designing, and continuous improvement, of the AIA Investment Environmental, Social & Governance (“ESG”) Operating Model in furtherance of the AIA Investment Mission Statement to consistently and significantly impact the long-term financial results of AIA and its customers by driving sustainable behaviour with world-class investment solutions expertise, industry leadership and best practices in processes, controls and systems. The AIA Investment ESG Operating Model, in turn, is aimed to not only support, but to provide leadership with respect to, AIA’s ESG priorities and sustainability goals and the commitment of AIA towards enabling Healthier, Longer, Better Lives across the Asia-Pacific region, as contemplated by AIA’s Environmental, Social & Governance Committee (the “ESG Committee”).
This position is expected to provide support regarding the continuous enhancement of AIA’s Investment Operating Model, the investment outcomes it furthers and its culture and behaviour.
This position will assist the Director of Investment Environmental, Social & Governance to compel advocating, communicating and collaborating with a wide range of stakeholders at senior levels, including the AIA ESG Committee in support of the AIA Group Board, AIA Group Sustainability team, AIA Business Units, AIA’s Asset Management Companies, AIA’s Collective Investment Schemes, Group Risk, Group Compliance, Group Finance, Group Investor Relations and Group Internal Audit.
The role will support the Director of Investment Environmental, Social & Governance to represent AIA Investment externally, in support of the Group CIO in regulatory, industry and market forums.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assisting and supporting the designing, and continuously improvement, of the AIA Investment ESG Operating Model in the context of the ESG strategies and initiatives of AIA and the ESG Committee.
- Providing support, through the example of the AIA Investment ESG Operating Model, to AIA’s overall ESG strategies and initiatives.
- Assisting to embed ESG into the AIA Investment Operating Model, including research and asset management platforms and structural engagement with investee companies, as well as assisting with the Asset Class teams in relation to the implementation and overseeing of proxy voting and the design, implementation and continuous improvement of internal escalation mechanisms leading up to voting and / or other investment decisions.
- Providing support to implement and collate AIA Investment ESG KPIs and metrics and associated controls, monitoring and reporting. Facilitating, collaborating and coordinating with internal stakeholders including AIA Business Units, AIA’s Asset Management Companies, AIA’s Collective Investment Schemes, the Group Investment Middle Office, Group Sustainability team and Group Finance team in relation to internal Investment ESG reporting.
- Assisting the Director of Investment Environmental, Social & Governance in driving and facilitating the AIA Investment ESG Working Group with the Group CIO, each Asset Class leader and the Heads of Equity Research and Credit Research, respectively, so as to influence, and in turn leverage, such stakeholders and all investment professionals across the AIA Investment Operating Model.
- Supporting, on a collaborative basis, the design and administering AIA Investment ESG across the AIA Investment Governance Framework (“IGF”) and Investment Control Environment with respect to required controls, monitoring and reporting.
- Helping to raise awareness and encouraging advocacy, ownership and accountability of ESG within AIA Investment and AIA more broadly.
- Collaborating with the AIA Investment Planning, Communications & Training team all ESG-related aspects of reporting, communication & training across the AIA Investment Operating Model, including, but not limited to, expansion of the CFA’s Certificate in ESG Investing programme within AIA Investment and potentially to wider internal stakeholders.
- Support the Director of Investment Environmental, Social & Governance and other stakeholders such as the Investment ESG Regulatory Compliance Working Group to assist in the monitoring ESG aspects of regulatory and industry trends for consideration under the AIA Investment ESG Operating Model.
- Assisting in the planning, coordinating, executing and implementing specific and thematic ESG investment outcomes, and associated governance steps.
- Facilitating, coordinating and providing assistance in relation to any Investment ESG-related disclosure, including the ESG Report, Annual Report and submissions to regulatory, market or industry associations such as the UN Principles for Responsible Investment.
- Facilitating, and supporting, Group and Business Unit stakeholders’ participation by Group Investment and / or Business Unit in regulatory, industry and market participants’ consultations and surveys relating to ESG.
- Assisting the Director of Investment Environmental, Social & Governance to facilitate the provision of guidance, advice and support to all AIA Business Units and AIA Asset Management Companies, with respect to ESG.
- Exercising independent judgement and advice in interacting with cross-functional, internal and external stakeholders regarding AIA Investment ESG.
- Assist the Group CIO, Regional Director of Investment Governance & Legal and / or the Director of Investment Environmental, Social & Governance with other projects and initiatives from time to time as required.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- 5 – 8 years of related experience from financial services, professional firms, insurance and/or asset management, in relation to change management, business analysis, projects, regulatory, market and industry trends and frameworks
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Excellent organisational, presentation and communication skills
- Exceptional advocacy and diplomacy skills, able to handle sensitive and / or confidential conversations and topics
- Creative and open to sharing and implementing new ideas
- Sound ability to converse with, advise and influence senior level stakeholders
- Accountable for timely delivery of specified objectives and milestones
- Sound attention to detail
- Ability to deal with and handle multiple and changing priorities
- Good positive work attitude and ability to work both independently as well as collaboratively as a larger team
- Independent and strong self-initiative
- Multimedia skills advantageous
Build a career with us as we help our customers and the community live Healthier, Longer, Better Lives.
You must provide all requested information, including Personal Data, to be considered f
or this career opportunity. Failure to provide such information may influence the processing and outcome of your application. You are responsible for ensuring that the information you submit is accurate and up-to-date.