Website AGF Investments
As an independent and diversified global asset management firm, AGF brings a disciplined approach to delivering excellence in investment management and to providing an exceptional client experience. Being an independent firm has allowed us to make strategic acquisitions that improve our client service experience and enable us to offer new and innovative products, while enhancing our research capabilities. Our suite of diverse investment solutions extends globally to a wide range of clients, from individual investors and financial advisors to institutions, including pension plans, corporate plans, sovereign wealth funds, endowments, and foundations.
About the Team:
Good stewardship and responsible investing practices are integrated across investment management at AGF. We believe that the consideration of ESG issues into our investment decision-making and ownership practices is a necessary component of our fiduciary duty as an asset manager and has contributed to better outcomes by helping us identify key risk and return drivers in our portfolios.
As part of supporting the investment teams and furthering our ESG practices, we are actively looking for an Analyst/Associate to join our ESG team reporting to the Head of ESG. This new role will provide opportunities to engage across AGF, including across investment teams as well as external stakeholders and partners. The successful candidate will support AGF on managing its exposure to issues like climate change, diversity, human rights, and good governance. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a small team to gain exposure across ESG areas.
As part of the ongoing development of the ESG program at AGF, you will assist in supporting investment teams to leverage ESG insights through integration and active ownership, while reinforcing AGF’s commitments to responsible investing to clients, advisors, and communities.
- Play a key role in the ongoing development and coordination of stewardship governance, including the monitoring and tracking of shareholder engagement activities
- Support the overall investment team with establishing annual ESG engagement priorities and work collaboratively with analysts to engage directly with investee companies on prioritized ESG issues
- Provide research and support to the investment team prior to meeting with the management of corporations on prioritized ESG issues
- Participate on selected engagements directly with companies, including meetings with senior company representatives
- Develop analytical insights on proxy voting trends and results, as well as engagement activities
- Support ongoing internal and external responsible investing reporting
- Conduct and present research on the responsible investing market, including ESG trends, standards, climate strategies and regulations
- Support the continued development of analytical tools to support the investment team with ESG integration and stewardship techniques
- Assist sales and marketing teams by contributing to client presentations in relation to ESG matters
- Further the development of firm-wide collaborative engagements, identification of corporate engagement targets, supporting analysts with ensuring ongoing reporting requirement (example: PRI, UK Stewardship Code, SFDR)
- Support active ownership efforts – seeing out individual and collaborative ESG engagements and providing guidance to PMs on proxy voting matters
- Advancing ESG integration and monitoring firm ESG integration across portfolios
- Assisting with developing content for client communications
- Represent in meetings, conferences, panels, industry groups, events, and other forums, as required.
- Support special projects as needed and performs other related duties as required
- Positive attitude
- Independent problem solver
- Analytical, adaptive, multi-tasker, who has a strong work ethic
- High degree of self-motivation and professionalism
- Detail oriented with an ability to see the bigger picture
- A general understanding of asset management and the financial markets
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Environment and Business, Sustainability, Law, or a related field
- Strong analytical and communication skills with the ability to summarize
- Demonstrated interest for sustainable and responsible investing
- Committed to or currently working towards a relevant ESG Qualification
- Experience using Excel and manipulating large data sets
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in written form
- Please apply with your resumes and a cover letter
AGF is an equal opportunity employer. AGF welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request in all aspects of our recruitment and selection process. It is the Company’s policy to recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications, with emphasis on selecting the best qualified person for the job. AGF does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable legislation.